Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oma Came to Play

My Oma was here over May 14 weekend to visit, see Finley, and play. And play we did. A good mixture of golf and trains was enjoyed by all with intermittent breaks for movies, food, etc.

One big event for the weekend was Anna Sofia's birthday party. She turned 3 and had a couple friends over. The moms colluded in making a cake shaped like a birthday castle. They were rather proud of the work. I think it came out well.

We went to the park over the weekend too. I brought my golf clubs and baseball bat. I had a great time when I figure out how far I could hit the hard plastic baseball with my golf clubs. Oma approved, and I got a chocolate milk from Starbucks on top of it.
Finley has started to smile lately. Mom and Dad say she looks like Brian Pfleger, a friend of theirs that is a professor at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. I disagree cause she doesn't look that smart to me. . .
I got my hair cut that weekend too. I was totally surprised when I realized that the mirror I was staring at had a TV screen behind it. Man, why bother with the mirror. Just show the TV!!!
I gotta say that I look good once I'm cleaned up.
Oma took care of Finley while I got my hair cut. Oma hasn't lost her touch.

Oma was happy when she managed to turn a screaming Finley into a sleeping Finley.
Thank you for coming to visit Oma. We can't wait to see you in Sunriver!!

1 comment:

Erika and Rob said...

You know, looking at that picture of Miss. Finnley smiling, she really looks a lot like her Oma!