Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sunriver

We went on our annual trip to Sunriver a couple of weeks ago. There are lots of pictures and I will need a couple of posts to get through them all. So, let me start from the beginning. :)

We went down a day earlier this year so that Daddy could join Uncle Scott and Aunt Julie in the Pacific Crest Half Marathon. This is Daddy before the race. I thought I should get one last picture...just in case.


Those of us too lazy to actually run the race went to go cheer everyone else on. We left the house nice and early, picked our spot, and waited...and waited...and waited...but no runners... This is me waiting.
Finally, a nice lady told us we were in the wrong spot. Oops! When we got to the right place, this is what we saw. But, sadly, we had already missed Daddy, Uncle Scott and Aunt Julie.
So, we raced to the finish line to find them. Here is Uncle Scott finishing. Did I mention that he pushed Brooke and Drew?!?!? He finished at 1 hour 38 minutes...67th out of about 1400 competitors. Uncle Scott is a machine! He said this was Brooke and Drew's last race because they are getting too heavy...maybe I can convince him to push me next year...
Here's Daddy. Woo hoo...he made it!
It must not have been too bad, he's planning to run again next year.
Here comes Aunt Julie!

There were snacks for the competitors after the race. Daddy was nice enough to share...mmm oreos.
Me with the superstars!
The Christie Family Racers!
Next up, the park...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kevin! Great going on the half-marathon. I like the pics with Connor and the Oreos and holding him. Maybe a future runner, too?