Monday, December 13, 2010

Which comes first, Thanksgiving or XMAS?

Have you ever noticed that Thanksgiving is getting upstaged by XMAS these days? I mean, I love to celebrate the coming of our Lord and Savior just as much as the next guy, but what about a little turkey respect? Well, maybe I'm guilty too. I got a cool reindeer hat that I've been wearing around.
And Thanksgiving was barely in the can before we put together a gingerbread house.
I thought this looked really nice, although not as good as the gingerbread train from a couple years ago. We'll bring the train back next year.

And of course, Daddy had to eat some of the building material.
I did too.
Earlier on, we went ice skating. It was my first time!
We started out with a lot of excitement and fun.
But, I had a little trouble once Daddy wouldn't carry me around the ice anymore. Skating while balancing is hard!

Finley watched us skate for a while. It was a little cold, so thank goodness she had her jacket.

Once Dad and I had done a couple laps, I was really getting the hang of things.
And, before skating, we were in Portland for Thanksgiving. This is a preview of our XMAS card picture.
They had a really cool train setup next to Santa's area, so I spent some serious time there watching things go round and round.
We got a chance to see Erika and Rob over Thanksgiving weekend. I got a chance to ride Rob, which I know is one of his favorite pass times.
And, what would a holiday be without an obligatory baby bath in the sink?
And finally, on the week leading up to Thanksgiving, we had snow in Seattle.
I started out a little tentative, but got aggressive pretty quickly. I love sledding saucers!
And, after I ran the hill for a couple hours with my sled, I conked out on the couch. A days good work.

No comments: