Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicago New Years

It's amazing, as I look back, at the pictures that are taken versus the ones that aren't. I have a lot of photos of the kids, but not enough of us or family. I think it may be time to remember that Connor and Finlay do not constitute the center of the universe. . . .or do they?
We made it to Chicago for New Years and had a really great trip. I think there were XMAS presents to open within an hour of hitting Oma and Opa's house, but why wait?
Finley is a pro now at opening presents and was happy to get a little house to play with. Connor opened a Cars race track and remote control car.
In Oma and Opa's place, there is a great spot to stand at the top of the stairs and see all of what is going on. Finley has her dictatorial review face on.
During the trip, we went to the Field Museum and saw Sue, the best/largest T-Rex skeleton on display. Connor and Finley really like dinosaurs, so it was a hit. I, of course, didn't take photos of the family :( We enjoyed this day with my brother Brandon and the family: Sue, Ryan, Josh, Emma, and my mom too.
One night we went out to dinner with my grandmother, also known as Omi.
We went to Dover Straight, a favorite restaurant of mine for the fish. The kids, of course, had french fries.
We also made it to a "Noon Years Eve" party with Kim and Jim Quilty. When you put our kids together, you get absolute pandemonium, and the picture below.
Connor in his New Years Eve costume.
Finley rock'n New Years "Elton John" style.
And finally, towards the end of the trip, we saw another bunch of friends. Brian and Laura came down from Wisconsin, and Brian/Beth drove in from Chicago. I, of course, only have pictures of Connor eating ice cream with Jocelyn. But, they really did like that ice cream :)
Yummy!!
And, not to be totally forgotten, we did have dinner with my sister Charis and her husband, and also got to see my buddy Todd and his wife/baby too. I don't have any pictures though, so you may have to picture absolute bliss in your mind's eye. I need to just take more pictures. Let's see if I live up to that goal in the coming months. . .

No comments: