Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gettin Older One Birthday at a Time

Hey Everyone,

There were a couple of birthdays and events in June worth sharing. It seems like each summer goes really fast and has a lot of events. The first one this time around is Dad's birthday. Mommy made him a golf themed cake. Check it out.
This is the entire spread. Blue glass water hazards, white chocolate golf balls, rice crispy sand traps, etc. . .

There were even real grass center pieces.

The cake bites were a hit as always. Dad likes to eat these in one bite :)

The flag sticks were tasty too. Chocolate and pretzels, magnificent!

I don't know who Arnold Palmer is, but this drink looked good.

Daddy seemed a little put off when he saw this sign, but I can't read just yet, so I just thought it looked cool.



After a couple hours in the sun, the cake started to melt. I wonder if Dad looks like this on the 18th hole?

And then, 2 weeks after Dad's party, the real fun began. We had my 4th birthday party!!

It was Toy Story themed, and there were a bunch of people from my pre-school class.

Mommy made me a special cake for the party. The characters are purchased from the toy store, but she made the rest herself with a little help from Aunt Liz. I think she keeps getting better at cake making.

And there were Ham, Evil Dr Porkchop, and Mr Potato Head cake pops. It was awesome.

Some of the neighbor kids were over, and Marcus made it back from Indiana too! He came back to see his family, but I was lucky enough to see him while he was in town.

I got some cool gifts. I like the army guys, so now they have a new ride to get around.

And I got a sward and armor set. I can take on Dad with confidence now.

I also got a new Thomas the Train Sodor Steam Works set. It looks really nice in my train setup.

Dad and Mom got me a slot car racing set. I love to race. Grampa went down in this round :)

Then, the next day, we went and played golf. I love golf!!

I went with Aunt Liz, Grampa, and Dad.

And to top it off, we went to a Mariners game for Father's Day (same day as golfing). Grampa is a baseball pro, so he had lots to share.

We all had a good time, and I got great food to eat. I think Finley tried cotton candy, and I made sure to get french fries.

Jenny and Ian were messing around with Finley. Thanks for taking the heat off of me sister.

Apparently Mom and Dad have gone Hollywood with the sun glasses, but I like the look. I can't wait until I turn 5 !!

No comments: